Saturday, April 14, 2012

Voltaire is Still Alive...

I came across an interesting article in Gothic Beauty Magazine about an artist/musician going by the name of Voltaire. I took a look at his work and I have to say I am very impressed. I have enjoyed watching his short stop motions reels and really like his illustrative work in Chi-Chian. He defiantly has his own unique style and though I just started exploring his work I will contintue to follow.

Also through one of his interviews/ photo shoots I discovered "Oddities" a show on the Discovery Channels...very cool and I suggest you take a look at the past episodes.

http://www.voltaire.net/

(Official Response)

I asked Voltair a question that I hoped he would answer with some insight and well I was take a little back from his answer.

Me: "Growing up how did your parents react to your lifestyle of being gothic..and how did you overcome that obstacle if it was an issue? Im now 31 and just getting into steampunk, but early on I was made to dress in polo shirts and act like a prep, which is not a bad thing, but now I'm trying to discover who I really am."

Votaire: "Yes, my parents were NOT pleased by my increasing desire to be "New Wave"
or "Gothic". How did I solve this problem? Simple. I ran away from home
when I was 17. I haven't tolerated anyone telling me how to dress or
behave since. That was almost 30 years ago. I still dress funny. ; )"

Odditis

No comments:

Post a Comment