Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Haunted Havens and more...

Dark Realms Magazine Issue 31 has a great article about haunted places around the world that now can be toured. But only if you dear. A few of the places mentioned by Russell Williams that peeked my interest and wold most defiantly give me the chills are the Bone Church, Highgate Cemetery, and the Winchester House.

Though I have not been able to travel to these haunted destinations mentioned in the article, indeed I have found a local haven for spirits right here in Portland Oregon. Christ Church in Lake Oswego by my accounts first hand and numerous other accounts is in my regards a hot spot. Though because of the nature of being a holy place most dear not talk about the comings and goings of strange phantoms stalking the corridors late at night and the hushed whispers trialing through the cold air. Footsteps pounding on the ground, and other things that have haunted my inner dreams still lurking years later. I say this because I was the caretaker at this church for about three maybe four years. Living right on the premises. I watched over this haunted church. For a while I kept what I had seen and heard by myself until one day I mentioned what I was experiencing to a friend who happened to be the night janitor. He scoffed at me and at that moments I thought I had lost him as a friend. But weeks later while he was at the church by his accounts he  began to hear faint whispers coming from the Nave. He tried to shrug them off but he could not. Now here is a man that sweats football and basketball all year round and never believed in ghosts or anything in that nature until that faithful night. The next day he had told me the story and at one point the night before he had actually ran through the church and left as quickly as he could becuase the voices had gotten to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment