Saturday, April 14, 2012

No More Golden Age

Interesting article in Wired Magazine talking about films between 05/06...about spacial effects within the movie business and the ever growing changes that special effects are bringing. Off hand I remember watching the making of Willow and how morphing popped up as a new special effect, which of course is now industry standard. It seems that if movies today do not have some sort of morphing effect, whether it be a human changing into a beast or a boat changing into a car, that it won't draw anyone at all. But I could be wrong. What do I know? So back to the article. Another interesting factoid was how with the use of saved footage from a library that any background can be changed. No Im not talking about blue or green screens. For example in Jarhead, after filming the editors went back  and added burring oil fields that where on fire into the background. So I wonder if what we see on TV in regards to local and even foreign broadcasts is real or if someone as grabbed footage from a library and altered the live footage? Like I said I enjoy spacial effects myself, but up to a certain point. If the movies duologue or the acting in the movie dose not hook me I tend to get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment