Monday, July 23, 2012

Downfall of the Middle Class

Great short article in Fortune April 2012 giving some insight into why the Middle Class has fallen due to the economic downturn in our society. Geoff Colvin explains that education is the key factor in returning our society to better times.
Though from my own personal experience that may be harder to expand on being that many graduates cant even find jobs. I myself at the moment am over qualified and under qualified at the same time. Having a disability makes it way hard to find a basic job and having a graphic design degree makes employees like Regal Cinemas look at me and say why on earth would you work here. Your way to qualified to work box office. True Story.
Second my father being a senior citizen has been bounced from so many jobs because of his age. Even though he has a degree in business management, younger employers have turned him down relight on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment